Adding an email address to Mozilla Thunderbird
Mozilla Thunderbird calls additional email addresses you can send mail from “Identities”. It’s quite straightforward to create new ones.
- Go to the Tools menu and choose Accounts Settings…
- The Account Settings window will open. Select the email account that receives email for the address you want to add from the list on the left then click the Manage Identities… button.
- You will be presented with a list of the existing identities for this account. Click Add… to create a new one.
- The Identity Settings window will open. Put your name into the Your Name box and your email address into the Email Address box. Chooose Use Default Server from the Outgoing Server (SMTP) dropdown. You may wish to change other identity settings, but these three items are required.
- Now click OK at the bottom of the Identity Settings window to save your changes. Click OK in the Identities window and the Account Settings window too.
- You will now be able to choose which address to send mail from when composing a new message.